- 2020 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award presented by INSIGHT Into Diversity
- 2020 & 2021 Eugene O’Neil National Playwrights Conference Finalist
- FOR BO rose to the top 5% of over 1,500 plays in consideration. The Eugene O’Neill has been the birthplace for many Broadway shows over the course of history and has spotlighted the work of famed Broadway playwrights such as Lin Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, Tony Award Winner), Regina Taylor (Crowns, Golden Globe Winner), August Wilson (The Piano Lesson, Fences, Pulitzer Prize & Tony Award Winner) among many others.
- 2022 Runner Up for the Judith Royer Excellence in Playwriting Award
- Presented by The Association for Theatre in Higher Education and the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival
- 2022 Quarter Finalist for the Third Culture Theatre’s NEXUS Festival
- Made possible by WarnerMedia
- 2021 Silicon Valley African Film Festival Official Selection & Honorable Mention
- 2021 Lone Star Film Festival Official Selection & Special Screening at The Museum of Modern Art of Fort Worth
- 2021 Gary International Black Film Festival Official Selection
- 2022 Ann Arbor Film Festival Third-Round Finalist
- Rising to the top 11% of thousands of submissions from around the world, FOR BO was a third round finalist for the 2022 Ann Arbor Film festival — one of the few Academy Award-qualifying film festivals in the country.