Do you want to use your talent to honor black lives lost due to racial bias and injustice? Do you want to use your art to spark social change? If so, #ForBo Initiative founder Prof. Ayvaunn Penn is looking for you! Please complete the interest form below.
Texas Christian University Theatre Department is producing Prof. Ayvaunn Penn’s nationally honored new play For Bo: A Play Inspired by the Murder of Botham Jean by Officer Amber Guyger (Eugene O’Neill National Playwright Conference 2020 finalist, Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award). This show will be presented in an online streaming format that pairs community-created visual art illustrations with a cast audio performance. It is important to Prof. Penn that this be a community project — that diverse artistic voices come together to tell this story and give hope for a better future. That’s where visual artists like you come in.
Key Information to Know
- Artists selected to participate will receive and must follow illustration specifications from the production team
- Submission of artwork will be virtual (JPEG)
- Artwork must be 2D but can be in any medium (charcoal, colored pencil, paint, virtually generated, etc.) or style
- Deadline for art completion: February 13, 2021 by 5PM Central Time
- The show is scheduled to stream online April 22-25 and April 29-May 2, 2021
- This is a philanthropic opportunity — not a paid one. Audiences are not being charged an admission fee, and they are being encouraged to donate to The Botham Jean Foundation.
- Selected artists will be provided with additional information.